ICBA Securities/Stifel Financial is a Preferred Provider for PACB
The Bond Academy is designed to provide community bank professionals with basic knowledge needed to help plan and create effective fixed income investment portfolios.
The customized curriculum was developed to deepen and reinforce the understanding of basic fixed income investment products and portfolio management principles, while also demonstrating how a portfolio can complement the rest of a bank’s balance sheet.
In learning the essentials of fixed income investing, bond pricing, valuation, and selection will be covered extensively.
Who Should Attend?
The Bond Academy is ideal for financial professionals interested in deepening their knowledge of fixed income asset classes and basic investment strategies. CEOs, CFOs, investment managers, directors, as well as new directors serving on investment or asset-liability committees will also find this coursework beneficial.
You Will Learn:
- Bond basics, including bond pricing, duration, and price volatility
- Bond types, including agencies, municipals, mortgage securities, and floating rate instruments
- The composition of a high performing portfolio
- How to understand the rate market: yield curves, spreads, monetary policy
- How economic data affects the bond market
- The impact of interest rate risk on portfolio management
- Portfolio strategies of laddering, barbells, riding the yield curve
- Day-to-day portfolio management techniques
- Evaluating investment portfolio performance
Monday – 4/17
Sessions: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm – Cocktail reception immediately following.
Tuesday – 4/18
Sessions: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Detailed Agenda to follow.
Embassy Suites by Hilton
1022 South Shady Grove Road | Memphis, TN
Members & Nonmembers: Save $150/session per additional registration from your bank.
Earn up to 12 credits
Basic knowledge and understanding of the financial markets.
- Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge, Economics
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Level: Intermediate
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
ICBA Securities is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, through www.learningmarket.org.
For more information regarding individual site administrative policies such as complaints and refunds (if applicable), please contact Hugh Shackelford at (901) 762-5312. No advanced preparation is required for this course. Potential for up to 12 hours credit may be awarded for verified attendance at this group-live seminar. The course level for the Bond Academy is intermediate.